Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Champions League

I'm running a bit late... many things have happened, maybe too many and too little time to keep up with the pace of events...

I will have to review few things... let's start with the easiest to get back on track...

Two weeks ago I have been to Eindhoven, the Netherlands, to witness one boring Champions League game between PSV and 2005 champs Liverpool...

Oh gosh, PSV hit the cross bar in the first half, and Liverpool the post with time winding down... two flashes in a boring, eventless, scoreless, almost meaningless game... luckily it was 8 or 9 of us, we had lots of fun taking the piss out of every one on the pitch... but damn, why does it always have to be a boring scoreless game when I attend? Few years back, I went to watch Aachen against a lowly Icelandic team in the UEFA cup... Aachen won 4-2 (if I'm not mistaken) on the road, so everyone was expecting a show of goals at home on the return leg... yeah, right... that was pretty crap too...

In the past, it could have been entertaining watching Korea's Ji-Sung Park, but he plays no more in the low lands... he is seeking good fortunes in ManU... one that resembles being asian is Lee Nguyen, but I guess he is a fake, I am not too sure, but he should have American passport... yes, he is American with Vietnamese origins... anyway, he didn't play against Liverpool, so...

You know, I think I better stick to basketball... :) Yes, this is a pretty good idea....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home