Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back from Holidays

Just back from the airport... I went to pick up my brother and his girlfriend returning from nearly a month in Tanzania... they seemed pretty relaxed even if they were on the move for almost a day, flying Emirates Airlines from Dar Es Salaam to Dubai to Dusseldorf and finally to Milan... funny enough, they keep going to Africa and South America, I believe they have never been to Asia... Whaaaaaat? How's that possible?? Like Shihyun would say, what's wrong with them?? Over the past four years they have been in Congo, working at a hospital rehabbing kids victims of the civil war, then to Uganda, Mexico, Bolivia and Cuba...
Oh, wanna know how airport security checks have been tightened lately? In Dusseldorf Airport security found a camping knife in their hand luggage, so they had to remove it for safety reasons... well, that knife was there since Tanzania, meaning security staff failed to detect it both in Dar Es Salaam Airport and Dubai Airport... No comment...
Anyway, it was real nice seeing them, I have missed them... last time I saw them was in February, when I was home visiting my folks, like now... I don't come to Italy often, only three or four times a year, so it was a cool coincidence that my bro came back just before I return to the Netherlands... Next chance to see my family, maybe Xmas...
Anyway, my brother is getting tired, doc got to rest...
Good night my brother, good night Monica, good night everyone....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home