Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Life of a gipsy, part three. Luxembourg

So here I am, back from Sofia at CGN airport... it just rained here, but now the sky is clear, and the sunshine is back warming everyone's soul... I like it... walk over to the parking, take my lovely "silver flash", and head south... destination Luxembourg...

I have spent a bit over a year in Luxembourg during my education, I truly like the place... it's a kind of oasis, where everything seems to work, everything seems (or actually is!) pretty new and definitely clean... I remember when I first got there over 10 years ago, it looked so rich... it is a rich place, but now my perspective has changed slightly anyway... but I still have good memories of my time there... a student yes, but surely less to worry about than now... freedom to behave as a young man, which sometimes I feel guilty of nowadays... lovely places, lovely food, lovely friends, some money and no worries... it was the full package... can you ask for more? but times change, people move on, but in my heart I'm still that old young man... :)

Many things have remained has I knew them, some others were created or built... This time I'm going down there to check out a particular presentation delivered by a colleague, but I wanna get to the hotel asap as I need to catch up on sleep... Sofia, from this point of view, took a toll on me... No night out in Luxembourg, I'm afraid... see you at work in the morning...

Remarkably enough, I didn't know where the presentation would be held, and nor did the person who sent me down... only through the kindness of the local employees I was able to find it out at 9am the next morning... yes Raf, that presentation will be delivered at 3pm... oh, thanks!! s**t, I woke up early, skipped breakfast (not that is truly necessary, for me) and now I'm all tight up into my suit for the next 6hrs... ok, get online and start sorting some mails, talk to Shihyun :), since I haven't had the possibility for a little while now, read some news, write a document... going to downtown isn't an option as A-I would definitely end up buying a new suit and I don't need it and B-it's raining horses and cows (which is definitely more than cats and dogs!)...

After having spent about 24hrs in Luxembourg for a 90 min presentation (I would define this as cost-efficient.... NOT!), time to head home... have a little ride nearby, take some pics as the weather by now has improved dramatically... then, head north again, for a day rest... what? a day rest?? are you sure it's for me?? :) Well, by now the sun has left its place to the moon, I am in the mood to get home and relax, take advantage of my 24hrs off, watch tv, take a well deserved shower, SLEEP! Waiting for the next trip to the airport the day after, destination
Copenhagen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home