Sunday, October 29, 2006

I know what you did last summer

Winter is at our doorstep, time to look back to the past summer months...

What happened? Much and at the same time, not much...

As usual, there was a lot of travelling involved... It all started off after I came back from Kaohsiung, before that, it still belongs to winter...

I had to go to Toulouse and then for a couple of days visiting my folks in Italy... In Toulouse I saw for the first time an A380, although it was dark and barely visible... enjoyed a coupe of evenings out and that was basically it...


In Italy it's always nice to go, after all my family is there... Get a decent pizza, and many other exceptionally good Italian specialities...


After that, time to go back to Taiwan, for a bit more discoverying of such a nice place... I had an enjoyable time there... I wish I could be there more often... Immediately thereafter, Luxembourg...


Comes August, back to Italy for some more family visiting... important time... after all, those two old fashion people gave me this rotten life, but it's the only one I have, so I better thank them for it :)


In the mean time, as far as relationship with Shihyun goes, summer was a rollercoaster... ups and many downs, totally uncontrolled...


Brother got his second specialization in acupuncture and dad finally decided to retire, on paper... he still gets involved... mom lost a lot of KGs since having being diagnosed with diabetes, and is doing fine... was glad to see that... dad also lost few KGs after being diagnosed with slightly high cholesterol... now he follows mom in the diet, and both plan to live till 101yrs... they will surely outrun me there!!

No time to rest, get to Slovenia to visit one of my closest friends, Tad...
who by the way just SMS me today from the new Bangkok airport and litterally said: "BKK new airport is so fugly, it's a total dump, in fact is much more than that." ... I asked him why, this was the answer: "It's dark, already dirty and looks like a garage". Well, clearly no misunderstanding there... but pity, it spoiled my curiosity... Anyway, I went down to his home country to visit him, and I was very pleasantly surprised how lovely Slovenia is. Take my advice, if you have the chance to go there, don't miss out. I had a great 2 days with him and his girlfriend Mat, the weather was great, the places too nice to describe... I even got stung by a wasp while sipping my Lasko Pivo, how nice :)

After that, a couples of days in Brussels and few days in Andalucia, but it was already September now... In Brussels I stayed at the NH hotel: new, nice, clean and practical for biz people... so, what was I actually doing there?? :) ... In Andalucia, I had a chance to visit Seville and Granada where I hadn't been since 1992... Seville in particular is a very impressive city, very rich of art and culture...


In September Sara and Ale got their first child, and I have been visiting them at least 3 times since that happy event... we had a BBQ and a dinner with other Italic friends, very cozy... then they got their parents to stay with them for a while to help out, and they will be off to Italy soon... Also my buddy Silla and his Krishna wife Gia got their first child... unfortunately I haven't been able to visit them yet, as they live in Rome... Hope I can go there soon... the next generation is here, hope there will be a livable earth for them...

Shihyun started university, and she has been pretty much overloaded ever since... I just hope she takes her time to rest, although she seems quite busy with her Japanese classes :) ... things anyhow have smooth out a bit :) I'm very happy for that...

Did I forget anything? I probably did, as I can't really recall everything but this was what has happened in the past few months... now, I have to face months of darkness, and look forward to the new flowers in Spring...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home