Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Micina


Today my little "sister" passed away... she was a real cute sweet smart little cat, and she delighted my family with her presence and company for the past 18.5 years.

When we found her, she was nearly starving as the family who took her abandoned her on their way to holiday. She was a little cute cute kitten, and I didn't know what to do except for giving her some ham and try to see if she would eat. But she wouldn't. At that time, we used to have another cat, Tigre, a really beautiful ginger-color male, maybe about half a year older than this cute white-&-black baby cat. I thought, as she couldn't eat, that Tigre would eat the ham instead. But for the second time, I was wrong. Instead, he sat near her, watching over her and keeping her company till she eventually found the strength to eat. From that moment on, we adopted her and we had two cats, Tigre and Micia.

Sadly enough Tigre passed away about 4 years later, as a car ran him over. It was a sad day, we loved him, and he was a really sweet cat.

But Micia claimed a very special spot in our hearts. At just over 1.5 year old, she got pregnant. Eventually she delivered 4 wonderful tiny kittens, with all places, on my very own bed, forcing me to move :) well, there could have never been a better reason for that. Anyhow, her kittens delighted us, especially my dad, for a while, then it was time to part with them and give them to families that could provide them with a loving environmet. ALL of them were pretty wild little cats, and because of their behavior, mainly, unfortunately they never reached the age of 3.


But Micia was there. She survived starvation right after birth, she survived a car that almost killed her and broke her tail, she survived a couple of surgeries. Every time she came back better and healthier. To all of us, she was the most beautiful loving cat we could wish for. As me and my brother moved out, my parents were left with her to care for, and their bonding grew deeper. Every evening Micia would wait for dad to return home in front of the door, as she recognized the sound of his car. Then she would seat on the kitchen bench near him while he dined, and sit ON him on the couch, if he watched tv.
She would even sleep in their bedroom. Or she would engage in funny conversations with mom. That was rather hilarious. She had become their little baby, and although it might sound strange to those who never experienced it, she was really intelligent and understanding.


In any case, about two years ago she contracted a kidney disease, due to age, and the vet back then said, if taken care of with weekly I.V. and medicines, she could survive one or two more years, but surely not more. Well, she did. Needless to say, my parents cared for her just as they would have with a kid of theirs. But the vet was right too, unfortunately. She survived in relatively good health for the past two years, till when, on July 23rd, my last day home on my visit, she fell sick. And never recovered.
The thing that comfort me is to know she had the best life she could possibly have, and that my parents never let her miss any care and love. I think putting her alseep must have been really hard for my folks, and we all will miss our little fury ball.

As for my folks, they spent every day with her being around, holding her and stroking her, caring for her, spoiling her and enjoying her and I wonder how it feels not to have her anymore. Even my brother and his girlfriend, who normally were a little more detached, didn't take it well.


As for me, I spent more than half of my life with her as a family member, and it's difficult to realize she is suddenly gone and I won't be able to play with her next time I go home. At least I got to see her one last time in July...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home